What is GetPaidTo?
Often abbreviated to GPT, GetPaidTo is the type of work pretty much anyone can do online. You rarely need specific skills or qualifications.
Popular GPT tasks include completing surveys, watching videos, or participating in research studies. The offers tend to be small and frequent or big and rare. Each offer gives you the chance to earn or save money.
GetPaidTo is one of 19 types of online business and considered a Level 1 online business, according to our framework.
6 Levels and 19 Types of Online Business
Level 1 = Novice
Okay for side income or beer money, but hard to earn a living.
Level 2 = Intermediate
Best for earning a living online when you’re starting out, but hard to scale.
Level 3 = Advanced
Easier to scale and higher income potential, but you usually need significant investment of time and/or money upfront.
Level 4 = Superior
Even more scalable and even higher income potential, but also more complex / difficult / expensive.
Level 5 = Distinguished
Most complex / difficult / expensive, but the rewards here can be massive.
Level X = Wildcard
These are the misfits. Many aren’t even considered businesses in the traditional sense, but they are all ways to make money online. You typically need a lot of time, money, or luck to succeed with anything here.
How can you make money online with GetPaidTo?
Here are the legit ways I’ve found to make money online with GetPaidTo…
Complete Online Surveys
PrizeRebel is the best site we’ve found for earning money with online surveys…
- Online Survey Taker at PrizeRebel
- $2 – $5 per hour
Survey Junkie is another solid survey site…
- Online survey taker at Survey Junkie
- $2.50 average earnings per hour
You can earn a little money watching videos via the Swagbucks website or apps…
- Watching videos on Swagbucks
- $1 – $5 per day
Participate in Online Research Studies
Respondent is a popular site for finding the occasional paid research study…
- Online research study participant at Respondent
- $21 average earnings per hour
Provide Feedback on Social Media
You can earn a side income working for Appen as a social media evaluator…
- Social Media Evaluator at Appen
- $7 – $20 per hour
Become a Mock Online Juror
Sign up to OnlineVerdict and they’ll notify you when attorneys in your area need people for a focus group or mock trial…
- Mock Online Juror at OnlineVerdict
- $20 – $60 per hour
Earn Cash Back Rewards
This is basically “getting paid to spend money” but it can be worthwhile if you use cash back offers for things you planned to buy anyway, like gas or groceries.
For example, the Chase Freedom Unlimited card offers a $200 bonus if you spend $500 in the first three months, plus 1.5% cash back on purchases.
Sarah Chrisp uses cards like that for business expenses and earns impressive rewards…
- Founder of Wholesale Ted
- $1,000 monthly credit card rewards
You can also earn rewards from shopping platforms like Rakuten, which offers up to 40% cash back at over 2,500 stores like Macy’s, Old Navy, Apple and Nike…
- Online Shopper via Rakuten
- $10 welcome bonus on first purchase
Pros and Cons of GetPaidTo Businesses
- Mostly free
- Low barrier to entry, no special skills needed to get started.
- Many GPT tasks don’t require your full attention. You could do them while watching a movie or listening to a podcast.
- Work is either extremely low paid or inconsistent – hard to earn a living this way.
- Tasks are often boring.
- Some offers only save you money on purchases, so it’s possible to spend more than you earn via GPT sites.
- No significant skill-building opportunities.
Is GetPaidTo a good way to earn a living online?
The better GPT sites are fine to earn you some extra pocket money if you have lots of spare time on your hands and want something easy.
But don’t count on a GPT business to earn you a living.
- Beermoney Subreddit
An active community on Reddit where you’ll find reports of GPT sites and earnings.