Hi, I’m Niall.
I was frustrated by all the biased, incomplete, and contradictory information on the internet about how to make money online.
So I started eBiz Facts in late 2018.
You can read more about the website here.
Below are a few things about me.
- I was born in 1982 and raised in South Kilkenny in Ireland (near Waterford City).
- I graduated from Waterford Institute of Technology in 2007 with a BSc in Multimedia and Information Technology. My final-year project – a custom-built CMS – won an award for being “most commercially viable,” but I never made any money from it.
- From 2007-2010 I worked as a web designer for Loyola University New Orleans. I ended up there because my favorite NBA basketball team played in New Orleans and I wanted to see them play in person. I created a website about the team and the site became affiliated with ESPN. I got a media credential and was able to sit courtside and interview players and coaches in the locker room, living the bejesus out of my teenage dream.
- In 2010 I came up with a new dream: to travel the world and earn a living online. I promptly quit my job and have been self-employed ever since.
- Over the years I’ve worked as a freelance web developer, project manager, coach, writer, blogger, author, online course creator, YouTuber, affiliate marketer, public speaker, and virtual assistant.
- For a 44-month stretch between 2011 and 2015, I traveled around the world without flying, visiting 37 countries and crossing three oceans on a complete circumnavigation of the globe.
- I’ve written two books. Both of them have fairly good reviews.
- I made this video, which went a bit viral (more than 1 million views on Facebook)…
- Since January 2011 I’ve been tracking all my income and expenses and publishing monthly finance reports.
- You can reach me via this contact form, though I’d rather you leave a comment here on the site as I try to keep email to a minimum.
- If you want to know what I’m doing now, see my now page (updated monthly).
Media & Events
Over the years, I’ve been featured in various media and have spoken at several events, such as:
- My laptop has allowed me to work in 45 countries in 7 years – The Irish Times
- Taking the road not travelled – The Tribune (India)
- 5 Digital Nomad Myths – Nomad City Gran Canaria (YouTube)
- 29 things I learned from travelling around the world without flying – TheJournal.ie
- Ireland’s Top 10 Travel Bloggers – Huffington Post
- Winner: Best Use of Video by an Irish Travel Blogger – TravelMedia.ie
- I’ve been traveling around the world without flying for 2.5 years – Reddit AMA (3k upvotes)
- Diary of a dream chaser – Irish Examiner
- Winging it around the world… not getting a single flight – The Irish Sun
- Learn more about this website
- Read our full disclosure about how this site makes money
- Read my in-depth reviews of the best affiliate marketing courses