Hi, I’m Niall.
I was frustrated by all the biased, incomplete, and contradictory information on the internet about building an online business.
So I started eBiz Facts in late 2018.
Below are a few things about me.
- I was born in 1982 and raised in South Kilkenny in Ireland (near Waterford City).
- I graduated from Waterford Institute of Technology in 2007 with a BSc in Multimedia and Information Technology. My final-year project – a custom-built CMS – won an award for being “most commercially viable,” but I never made any money from it.
- From 2007-2010 I worked as a web designer for Loyola University New Orleans. I ended up there because my favorite NBA basketball team played in New Orleans and I wanted to see them play in person. I ended up creating a website about the team. That website became affiliated with ESPN. I got a media credential and was able to sit courtside and interview players and coaches in the locker room, living the bejesus out of my teenage dream.
- In 2010 I came up with a new dream: to travel the world and earn a living online. I promptly quit my job and have been self-employed ever since.
- Over the years I’ve worked as a freelance web developer, project manager, coach, writer, blogger, author, online course creator, YouTuber, affiliate marketer, public speaker, and virtual assistant.
- For a 44-month stretch between 2011 and 2015, I traveled around the world without flying, visiting 37 countries and crossing three oceans on a complete circumnavigation of the globe.
- I’ve written two books. Both of them have fairly good reviews.
- I made this video, which went a bit viral…
Irishman quits job and travels the world
Seven years ago, this Irishman took a risk and quit his job to travel the world. The video he made about his journey is the most inspiring thing you'll ever see!Follow him: Disrupting the RabblementPosted by Meanwhile in Ireland on Friday, November 17, 2017
- Since January 2011 I’ve been tracking all my income and expenses and publishing monthly finance reports.
- You can reach me via this contact form, though I’d rather you leave a comment here on the site as I try to keep email to a minimum.
- If you want to know what I’m doing now, see my now page (updated monthly).
Media & Events
Over the years, I’ve been featured in various media and have spoken at several events, such as:
- My laptop has allowed me to work in 45 countries in 7 years – The Irish Times
- Taking the road not travelled – The Tribune (India)
- 5 Digital Nomad Myths – Nomad City Gran Canaria (YouTube)
- 29 things I learned from travelling around the world without flying – TheJournal.ie
- Ireland’s Top 10 Travel Bloggers – Huffington Post
- Winner: Best Use of Video by an Irish Travel Blogger – TravelMedia.ie
- I’ve been traveling around the world without flying for 2.5 years – Reddit AMA (3k upvotes)
- Diary of a dream chaser – Irish Examiner
- Winging it around the world… not getting a single flight – The Irish Sun
Frequently Asked Questions
What happened to Disrupting the Rabblement?
This website was once known as “Disrupting the Rabblement” and was more of a personal blog. I repurposed the entire site at the end of 2018 and renamed it eBiz Facts.
Ever since, the content has been focused on helping people earn money online, and I’ve removed almost all previous content unrelated to that topic.
What happened to your Momentos?
In keeping with the focus on helping people earn money online, I unpublished all my old Momentos from this website. New editions are posted exclusively on Patreon.