- Remote Software Engineer
- $63k – $134k estimated annual salary
- Published September 3, 2020 by Niall Doherty
How does Jerry make money online?
Jerry doesn’t really exist. He’s our avatar to represent a typical person with a remote job as a software engineer.
This sampling of remote software engineer jobs should give you a sense of the work Jerry would do for a living:
Wikipedia’s definition of a software engineer:
A software engineer is a person who applies the principles of software engineering to the design, development, maintenance, testing, and evaluation of computer software.
These links will give you a better feel for life as a remote software engineer:
- Interview with António Silva, software engineer at Remote.com
- Interview with Michael Dreikorn, remote software engineer at ALICE
- Video: A Day with Remote Software Engineer Lydia Hallie
- Video: A Day in the Life of a Remote Cisco Software Engineer for Silicon Valley
The goal of our Online Money Maker profiles is to show you all the different ways people make money online. We strive to ensure that each profile is realistic – no hype, no scams – so you can see what it really takes to build each type of business.
If you'd like to hear when we publish new profiles, subscribe to our free weekly newsletter below. Each edition is packed with tips, insights and opportunities to build your online business. We send it out every Friday to 7,667 legendary subscribers.
How much money does a Remote Software Engineer make?
As of this writing, Glassdoor lists these salary numbers for a remote software engineer in the United States:
Our goal at eBiz Facts is to give you accurate information about online business so you can gain clearer insights, make better decisions, and achieve your own success.
With that in mind, we strive to ensure the accuracy and transparency of the income claims and estimates that you see on this website.
- We treat all income claims we find online with skepticism.
- We don’t report incomes that seem especially controversial or unrealistic.
- We cite our sources and/or share our calculations so you can see where the numbers come from.
- If there are uncertainties about an income claim or estimate, we tell you what those are.
If you see an income claim or estimate that seems off, please tell us so we can fix it.
What skills do you need to become a Remote Software Engineer?
Software engineering is a broad field so there’s lots you can learn and many areas you can specialize in.
You can get a feel for the skills and experience required by browsing remote job listings for software engineers (see below).
Here are a few videos from people who became software engineers without a computer science degree…
To start learning the skills you need to become a software engineer, check out these free software development courses.
How to get a remote job as a Software Engineer?
Here are the best remote job boards to find a remote job fast.
🏆 Best Remote Job Boards 🏆
What type of online business does Jerry have?
Other ways to make money online
There are many other ways to make money online, to work from home or anywhere in the world.