Pros of Glassdoor
- 1,400+ remote jobs are added every week.
- Among them, 100+ are part-time and 10+ are entry-level remote jobs.
- It’s easy to find the most recent job postings.
Cons of Glassdoor
- The required sign-up process is time-consuming, and the questions aren’t created with remote workers in mind.
- Some jobs tagged as Work-From-Home or Remote are not 100% remote but require in-person work in remote locations. For example, we’ve seen job listings for freelance hairstylists or makeup artists listed as “remote”.
- The search function doesn’t work so smoothly.
- The results page doesn’t always get refreshed once you apply new filters.
- If you add new keywords in your search, all the previously applied filters will get removed.
- Using Glassdoor’s job functions won’t always give you the most relevant results, and there’s a big overlap between some industries.
Glassdoor isn’t bad for finding a remote job – if you don’t mind spending extra time and dealing with a few inconveniences.
- Always use the filter WFH or Remote to find the most relevant results.
- When adding new filters, you might have to refresh the page manually.
- When adding new keywords, always apply the WFH or Remote filter once again (as it gets removed automatically otherwise).
- To find remote jobs in your job category, play around between using: 1) different keywords, 2) built-in job functions list, or 3) both at the same time.
- The tricky part is that the relevancy of your page results will depend on the industry you’re looking in. For example: for remote writing jobs, we were able to find 40+ new weekly positions by using keyword search (keyword: writer), but no relevant results at all by using the existing built-in filters.
Best Sites To Find Remote Jobs
We’re on a mission to review all the best remote jobs websites.
Our top-rated sites by category:
🏆 Best Remote Jobs Websites 🏆
Our top 5 remote job boards:
|FlexJobs|| 4.7/5||FlexJobs review|
|Dynamite Jobs|| 4.6/5||Dynamite Jobs review|
|Virtual Vocations|| 4.6/5||Virtual Vocations review|
|AngelList|| 4.4/5||AngelList review|
|Remote.co|| 4.2/5||Remote.co review|
|See all the remote jobs websites we've reviewed »|
Your Glassdoor Review
Have you tried using Glassdoor for finding a remote job?
Please consider leaving your review below – good or bad – doesn’t matter so long as it’s helpful to our readers.
Thanks for your support!
This review is a joint effort between Niall Doherty and Rita Epps of eBiz Facts.
- To date, we've spent 100+ hours researching and reviewing remote jobs websites, on the hunt for the best of the best.
- We spend an hour or more testing each site to see if it's a good resource for finding remote jobs in various industries.
- For sites with a paywall – like FlexJobs and Virtual Vocations – we pay for access to see if they're worth the price.
- We write up and publish our findings here on eBiz Facts, and rank each site accordingly. See our full rankings.
Note: We earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase through referral links in this review. Read our full disclosure.