- Co-founder of The Wholesale Formula
- $400,000+ monthly amazon wholesale revenue
- Published August 27, 2020 by Niall Doherty
How does Dan make money online?
Along with his business partner Eric Lambert, Dan makes money online in two primary ways:
- They buy products in bulk, get those products shipped to Amazon’s FBA warehouses, then resell them on Amazon.com. (This type of business is sometimes referred to as Amazon Wholesale.)
- They also sell an online course – The Wholesale Formula – that teaches other people how to sell on Amazon.
The goal of our Online Money Maker profiles is to show you all the different ways people make money online. We strive to ensure that each profile is realistic – no hype, no scams – so you can see what it really takes to build each type of business.
If you'd like to hear when we publish new profiles, subscribe to our free weekly newsletter below. Each edition is packed with tips, insights and opportunities to build your online business. We send it out every Friday to 8,125 legendary subscribers.
How much money does Dan make?
A YouTube channel called Wholesale Ted spotlighted Dan’s reselling business in November 2018…
At the 1:50 mark of that video you’ll see screenshots showing that Dan’s business had sold over $16 million on Amazon in four years, and more than $5 million in 2017 alone.
That works out to more than $400,000 per month in revenue in 2017.
According to the show notes for an October 2019 interview with Dan, the average margin for the Amazon business is 20-25%, which would put the monthly profit at $80k – $100k.
It’s unclear how Dan and Eric split those profits between them or how much they reinvest back into the business.
Their online course also likely provides them with a sizable income. As of this writing, the course homepage claims to have helped 3,856 students, and I believe the entry fee is at least $2000.
That works out to about $7.7 million in revenue.
Our goal at eBiz Facts is to give you accurate information about online business so you can gain clearer insights, make better decisions, and achieve your own success.
With that in mind, we strive to ensure the accuracy and transparency of the income claims and estimates that you see on this website.
- We treat all income claims we find online with skepticism.
- We don’t report incomes that seem especially controversial or unrealistic.
- We cite our sources and/or share our calculations so you can see where the numbers come from.
- If there are uncertainties about an income claim or estimate, we tell you what those are.
If you see an income claim or estimate that seems off, please tell us so we can fix it.
How did Dan get started?
It looks like Dan and Eric began selling on Amazon in 2015.
According to this March 2020 interview with Dan, they were only able to invest $600 in the business initially…
What type of online business does Dan have?
Dan runs a multifaceted online business.
According to our framework it can be broken down like this:
- Resale (Level 3)
Dan’s company buys products at wholesale and resells them on Amazon.
- Authority (Level 4)
More than 45,000 people follow the Facebook page for The Wholesale Formula.
- Digital Products (Level 4)
Dan sells an online course teaching people how to sell on Amazon.
- Social Network (Level 5)
Dan’s course has a significant social component in the form of a private Facebook group.
Other ways to make money online
There are many other ways to make money online, to work from home or anywhere in the world.