- Founder of Develomark
- $1.5k – $3k per month from one website
- Published July 31, 2020 by Niall Doherty
How does Ruan make money online?
Ruan is the owner of a digital marketing agency called Develomark. They offer website design, SEO, and PPC for local businesses.
One of the primary ways Ruan’s company makes money online is by creating lead generation websites. (This is sometimes referred to as Rank and Rent SEO.)
Ruan explained how this works in a June 2019 video:
The goal of our Online Money Maker profiles is to show you all the different ways people make money online. We strive to ensure that each profile is realistic – no hype, no scams – so you can see what it really takes to build each type of business.
If you'd like to hear when we publish new profiles, subscribe to our free weekly newsletter below. Each edition is packed with tips, insights and opportunities to build your online business. We send it out every Friday to 7,178 legendary subscribers.
How much money does Ruan make?
In a July 2019 video, Ruan showcases one of his websites – paintersinct.com – and notes that it earns $1,500 to $3,000 per month…
In another YouTube video from June 2019, Ruan says at the 1:35 mark that his company has “gotten over $55,000 in revenue per month” from such lead generation websites…
It’s unclear how consistent that revenue is and how much of the $55k would be profit for the company.
Our goal at eBiz Facts is to give you accurate information about online business so you can gain clearer insights, make better decisions, and achieve your own success.
With that in mind, we strive to ensure the accuracy and transparency of the income claims and estimates that you see on this website.
- We treat all income claims we find online with skepticism.
- We don’t report incomes that seem especially controversial or unrealistic.
- We cite our sources and/or share our calculations so you can see where the numbers come from.
- If there are uncertainties about an income claim or estimate, we tell you what those are.
If you see an income claim or estimate that seems off, please tell us so we can fix it.
How did Ruan get started?
- At 21 years old he was working for Verizon and got promoted to a management position. Later he moved to a position at AT&T and ended working 60 hours a week and earning $70k a year.
- He left that job for some reason, found himself in debt and decided to start his own business.
- Ruan started learning about digital marketing late in 2015.
- In 2017 he started walking into local businesses and offering them digital marketing services. The first package he sold was $200 per month.
- Sounds like he got the business to $1000 per month and then started hiring help.
- Ruan began posting videos to YouTube in July 2017 and amassed 34,000 subscribers in one year.
- As of December 2019, his business had a staff of 9 and the company was expecting to do $1 million in revenue in 2020.
What type of online business does Ruan have?
Ruan runs a multifaceted online business.
According to our framework it can be broken down like this:
- Freelance (Level 2)
This is how Ruan started out, offering digital marketing services to local businesses and doing the work himself.
- Agency (Level 3)
Once the business grew to a certain level, Ruan hired help and now has 9 people working in the company.
- Referral (Level 3)
Ruan’s company mostly provides lead generation services for clients.
- Authority (Level 4)
Ruan has built a strong personal brand via his YouTube channel.
- Digital Products (Level 4)
Ruan sells an online course teaching freelancers how to start an agency.
- Social Network (Level 5)
Ruan’s course has a significant social component in the form of a private Facebook group.
If you’re interested in learning digital marketing, check out these free courses.
Other ways to make money online
There are many other ways to make money online, to work from home or anywhere in the world.