- Bounce House Dropshipper
- $300,000 revenue in first year
- Published July 31, 2020 by Niall Doherty
How does Rene Delgado make money online?
Rene started a website selling bounce houses – aka bouncy castles – at the end of 2016.
He set up the business using a dropshipping model, which is explained like so in a 2018 interview with Rene:
In this model, the customer still sees Rene as the owner of the product, so all orders and customer service issues run through him.
The goal of our Online Money Maker profiles is to show you all the different ways people make money online. We strive to ensure that each profile is realistic – no hype, no scams – so you can see what it really takes to build each type of business.
If you'd like to hear when we publish new profiles, subscribe to our free weekly newsletter below. Each edition is packed with tips, insights and opportunities to build your online business. We send it out every Friday to 6,987 legendary subscribers.
How much money does Rene make?
In 2017 – Rene’s first full year in business – he reported $300,000 in revenue at a 12-15% profit margin.
That works out to $36k-45k in profit for the year.
Those numbers come from Rene’s interview with Side Hustle Nation back in 2018.
It’s also mentioned in the PDF download for that interview that Rene has outsourced most of the business operations and doesn’t have to spend much time on it:
Our goal at eBiz Facts is to give you accurate information about online business so you can gain clearer insights, make better decisions, and achieve your own success.
With that in mind, we strive to ensure the accuracy and transparency of the income claims and estimates that you see on this website.
- We treat all income claims we find online with skepticism.
- We don’t report incomes that seem especially controversial or unrealistic.
- We cite our sources and/or share our calculations so you can see where the numbers come from.
- If there are uncertainties about an income claim or estimate, we tell you what those are.
If you see an income claim or estimate that seems off, please tell us so we can fix it.
How did Rene get started?
According to the SHN interview, Rene got started like so:
- He signed up to the Drop Ship Lifestyle training program, which he later said “is great at taking you through all the steps to starting and running a drop shipping business.”
- Using that training, it took him about two months to choose a niche, get his website set up on Shopify, and be approved by suppliers.
- He started driving traffic to his website via Google and Bing ads.
- Three days after officially launching his website, Rene made his first sale.
Worth noting as well that Rene was still working a full-time day job during his first year doing dropshipping.
What type of online business does Rene have?
Other ways to make money online
There are many other ways to make money online, to work from home or anywhere in the world.