- $1+ million annual revenue
- Published August 28, 2020 by Niall Doherty
How does Matt Scott make money online?
Matt makes money online via dropshipping. That’s a form of e-commerce where suppliers ship products to Matt’s customers on his behalf.
It’s unclear what kind of products Matt sells. Like many dropshippers, he prefers to keep this information private.
Matt’s business is described like so in the show notes of an October 2019 podcast interview:
The goal of our Online Money Maker profiles is to show you all the different ways people make money online. We strive to ensure that each profile is realistic – no hype, no scams – so you can see what it really takes to build each type of business.
If you'd like to hear when we publish new profiles, subscribe to our free weekly newsletter below. Each edition is packed with tips, insights and opportunities to build your online business. We send it out every Friday to 7,667 legendary subscribers.
How much money does Matt make?
According to that same 2019 podcast interview, Matt has scaled his dropshipping business to “seven figures.”
Typically such a number refers to annual revenue, so we’re assuming here that Matt’s business pulls in at least $1 million per year.
No profit details are given in the interview, but my research suggests that dropshipping profit margins are typically in the 10-30% range, which would work out to at least $100k annual profit for Matt’s business.
Our goal at eBiz Facts is to give you accurate information about online business so you can gain clearer insights, make better decisions, and achieve your own success.
With that in mind, we strive to ensure the accuracy and transparency of the income claims and estimates that you see on this website.
- We treat all income claims we find online with skepticism.
- We don’t report incomes that seem especially controversial or unrealistic.
- We cite our sources and/or share our calculations so you can see where the numbers come from.
- If there are uncertainties about an income claim or estimate, we tell you what those are.
If you see an income claim or estimate that seems off, please tell us so we can fix it.
How did Matt get started?
Here’s a 2016 interview with Matt about his dropshipping business:
According to that video:
- Matt started looking into dropshipping back in 2013 or 2014.
- In late 2014 he signed up to the Drop Ship Lifestyle training program, and followed that to create his first stores.
- His first store “was a bit of a failure,” and afterwards he went and tried other ways to make money online.
- Sounds like he came back to dropshipping and the DSL training in early 2016, and began building his second site.
- The interviewer in the above video – streamed live in September 2016 – says that Matt had since reached “$10k or more revenue” as a dropshipper. Presumably that was monthly revenue.
What type of online business does Matt have?
Other ways to make money online
There are many other ways to make money online, to work from home or anywhere in the world.