- Co-founder of Empire Flippers
- $2.47 million Empire Flippers monthly revenue
- Published August 11, 2020 by Niall Doherty
How does Joe make money online?
They basically help facilitate the transfer of ownership and collect a 2-15% commission for doing so.
They also charge sellers a $97-297 listing fee.
- As an example, let’s say you have a website that you want to sell. You could go to Empire Flippers and they’d help you figure out the valuation.
- Let’s say your site was valued at $500,000.
- As a first-time seller you’d pay Empire Flippers $297 to list the site on their marketplace.
- If someone agrees to buy the site via Empire Flippers, you’d receive 85% of the sale price – that’d be $425k if the site was sold for $500k – and Empire Flippers would keep $75,000 as their commission.
The goal of our Online Money Maker profiles is to show you all the different ways people make money online. We strive to ensure that each profile is realistic – no hype, no scams – so you can see what it really takes to build each type of business.
If you'd like to hear when we publish new profiles, subscribe to our free weekly newsletter below. Each edition is packed with tips, insights and opportunities to build your online business. We send it out every Friday to 9,981 legendary subscribers.
How much money does Joe make?
I have no idea how much Joe pays himself out of the company, but Empire Flippers share quarterly reports detailing their revenue and earnings.
As of this writing, their most recent quarterly report was for Q1 2020.
- Total revenue: $7,408,475.52
- Total gross earnings: $1,094,513.53
Those numbers were down quite a bit from the previous quarter, due in large part to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Empire Flippers also notes in that report that they have 69 total team members.
Our goal at eBiz Facts is to give you accurate information about online business so you can gain clearer insights, make better decisions, and achieve your own success.
With that in mind, we strive to ensure the accuracy and transparency of the income claims and estimates that you see on this website.
- We treat all income claims we find online with skepticism.
- We don’t report incomes that seem especially controversial or unrealistic.
- We cite our sources and/or share our calculations so you can see where the numbers come from.
- If there are uncertainties about an income claim or estimate, we tell you what those are.
If you see an income claim or estimate that seems off, please tell us so we can fix it.
How did Joe get started?
Some insights from Joe’s bio on the Empire Flippers website:
Joe has a background in engineering and spent the 90’s at a startup in San Francisco before moving onto the mortgage business.
Gregory Elfrink, the director of marketing at Empire Flippers, details the company’s origins in a 2019 Starter Story interview.
- “We originally started out as an outsourcing company in the Philippines that helped businesses in the USA with various administrative tasks.”
- They lost some clients and started building their own niche sites to keep the team busy.
- They sold some of those sites and blogged about the whole process.
- Other site owners started asking for help selling their own sites.
- “Soon we rebranded completely to Empire Flippers and went into the brokering field full time.”
What type of online business does Joe have?
Other ways to make money online
There are many other ways to make money online, to work from home or anywhere in the world.