- Make-up Artist and YouTuber
- $12.5 million monthly revenue
How does Jeffree Star make money online?
Jeffree Star is a make-up artist, singer, YouTuber, and entrepreneur based in Los Angeles, USA.
He started his journey by sharing fashion tips and blogs about life on MySpace. Jeffree then moved to YouTube where he creates make-up tutorials and shares fashion tips. He has 17+ million subscribers on his YouTube channel.
Star released his debut studio album Beauty Killer in 2009. He has appeared with other artists in their music videos as well, such as Kesha, Blood on the Dance Floor, and Larry Tee. However, Jeffree left the music industry in 2013 for reasons unclear.
Jeffree earns significant income via YouTube. Per our research, his other income streams include:
- Jeffree Star Cosmetics (founder and owner)
- Investment in a marijuana business
- Investment in real estate
- Brand endorsement deals
The goal of our Online Money Maker profiles is to show you all the different ways people make money online. We strive to ensure that each profile is realistic – no hype, no scams – so you can see what it really takes to build each type of business.
If you'd like to hear when we publish new profiles, subscribe to our free weekly newsletter below. Each edition is packed with tips, insights and opportunities to build your online business. We send it out every Friday to 8,125 legendary subscribers.
How much does Jeffree Star make a year?
In the video below (from August 2018), Jeffree revealed that he makes $150 million a year from all of his businesses, which works out to $12.5 million per month…
As per Forbes, Jeffree Star made $17 million in 2019 via YouTube, presumably from ad revenue. This works out to approximately $1.4 million per month.
Jeffree once revealed in a tweet that one company offered him $165,000 to feature their product in a video…
In another video from August 2018, Star can be seen talking about investing in the marijuana business and running 10 businesses besides Jeffree Star Cosmetics…
However, the exact breakdown of Jeffree’s income is unclear.
Our goal at eBiz Facts is to give you accurate information about online business so you can gain clearer insights, make better decisions, and achieve your own success.
With that in mind, we strive to ensure the accuracy and transparency of the income claims and estimates that you see on this website.
- We treat all income claims we find online with skepticism.
- We don’t report incomes that seem especially controversial or unrealistic.
- We cite our sources and/or share our calculations so you can see where the numbers come from.
- If there are uncertainties about an income claim or estimate, we tell you what those are.
If you see an income claim or estimate that seems off, please tell us so we can fix it.
How did Jeffree Star get started?
Since his early days, Jeffree has been interested in fashion, make-up, and the entertainment industry. When he was a kid, he used to experiment with his mother’s make-up kit to create different make-up styles.
The video below gives a glimpse of Jeffree’s journey as a YouTuber and entrepreneur:
Some key insights from that video:
- Jeffree moved to Los Angeles after high school because of his passion for fashion and make-up.
- He used to work as a make-up artist during the day and performed on stage at night as his music career took off.
- He started his online journey sharing fashion tips and blogging on MySpace. Later he moved to YouTube, posting his first video in April 2009. Some of his content has been quite controversial, which may have helped grow his channel.
- His debut studio album “Beauty Killer” was released in 2009. As of this writing, the video for the title track has 17+ million views on YouTube.
- In 2014, Jeffree started his own cosmetics company, Jeffree Cosmetics.
What type of online business does Jeffree Star have?
Jeffree runs a multifaceted online business.
According to our framework it can be broken down like this:
- Authority (Level 4)
Jeffree is a classic influencer, with a large following on various social media platforms and especially on YouTube.
- Physical Products (Level 4)
Jeffree earns considerable income via his Jeffree Cosmetics brand, mainly selling cosmetics via his website.
- Investing (Level X)
Jeffree seems to regularly invest in other businesses.
Follow the links above for more info and examples for each type of business.
Other ways to make money online
There are many other ways to make money online, to work from home or anywhere in the world.