- Matched Bettor
- £31 – £42 per hour
- Published August 17, 2020 by Niall Doherty
How does Michael make money online?
Michael probably makes money online in several ways, but for the purposes of this profile I’m just focusing on the money he’s earned from Matched Betting.
As per OddsMonkey, “matched betting is a technique that allows you to make money from the free bets and deals offered by online bookmakers.”
Here’s an explainer video from the same company:
Note that matched betting is mainly a thing in the UK and Ireland, with some possibilities beyond. As far as I can tell, it’s not possible to earn money this way from the United States.
The goal of our Online Money Maker profiles is to show you all the different ways people make money online. We strive to ensure that each profile is realistic – no hype, no scams – so you can see what it really takes to build each type of business.
If you'd like to hear when we publish new profiles, subscribe to our free weekly newsletter below. Each edition is packed with tips, insights and opportunities to build your online business. We send it out every Friday to 7,178 legendary subscribers.
How much money does Michael make?
Michael reports on his website that he earns an average of £540 per month doing matched betting:
He notes that he spends 3-4 hours per week doing matched betting, which works out to about 13-17 hours per month.
By my calculations, that means Michael earns £31 – £42 per hour doing matched betting.
It seems it is possible to earn more from matched betting if you spend more time at it.
- Michael interviewed a guy named Josh who apparently earns £2000 per month matched betting full-time.
- OddsMonkey features someone named Gavin reporting £1400 per month consistently from matched betting, and a personal-best month of £2900.
- In another interview, a matched bettor named Richard reports earning “just shy of £2,000” in his best month soon after getting started.
Our goal at eBiz Facts is to give you accurate information about online business so you can gain clearer insights, make better decisions, and achieve your own success.
With that in mind, we strive to ensure the accuracy and transparency of the income claims and estimates that you see on this website.
- We treat all income claims we find online with skepticism.
- We don’t report incomes that seem especially controversial or unrealistic.
- We cite our sources and/or share our calculations so you can see where the numbers come from.
- If there are uncertainties about an income claim or estimate, we tell you what those are.
If you see an income claim or estimate that seems off, please tell us so we can fix it.
How did Michael get started?
According to what he wrote here, Michael started matched betting since 2016 and his earnings from it have been fairly steady since.
Tools he recommends:
What type of online business does Michael have?
It looks like Michael is making money online in a variety of ways.
Other ways to make money online
There are many other ways to make money online, to work from home or anywhere in the world.