- Gaming YouTuber
- $1.5 million monthly revenue via YouTube
How does DanTDM make money online?
Daniel Robert Middleton, popularly known online as DanTDM, is a British gamer and YouTuber.
DanTDM is famous for his comedy-centric gaming videos. Dan mostly plays Pokemon and Minecraft while doing commentary on those games.
DanTDM streams live on Twitch and publishes the edited gameplay on YouTube. Here’s one of his most popular videos on YouTube…
DanTDM has three YouTube channels:
DanTDM makes money in the following ways…
- YouTube ad revenue.
- Video sponsors (Telltale Games, Best Fiends, Disney, etc).
- Brand deals (Trapeze).
- Revenue from Twitch (donations, subscriptions, advertisement, sponsorships).
- Merchandise (DanTDM store).
In 2017, Dan starred in a YouTube web series – DanTDM Creates a Big Scene – along with some other social media entertainers. He also had a role in Disney’s Ralph Breaks the Internet.
DanTDM has won many Kid’s Choice Awards and set a Guinness World Record for gaming in 2016. Also in 2016, he wrote and published a graphic novel – Trayaurus and the Enchanted Crystal – which then became a New York Times bestseller.
The goal of our Online Money Maker profiles is to show you all the different ways people make money online. We strive to ensure that each profile is realistic – no hype, no scams – so you can see what it really takes to build each type of business.
If you'd like to hear when we publish new profiles, subscribe to our free weekly newsletter below. Each edition is packed with tips, insights and opportunities to build your online business. We send it out every Friday to 8,247 legendary subscribers.
How much does DanTDM make a year?
DanTDM makes $18.5 million USD a year as of 2018, according to Business Insider. This works out to $1.5 million USD per month. DanTDM’s main income source is YouTube ad revenue, as he mentioned in the BBC interview.
However, the exact breakdown of his income is unclear.
Earlier in 2017, Forbes listed DanTDM as the richest YouTuber of 2017 with an income of $16.5 million USD a year.
Our goal at eBiz Facts is to give you accurate information about online business so you can gain clearer insights, make better decisions, and achieve your own success.
With that in mind, we strive to ensure the accuracy and transparency of the income claims and estimates that you see on this website.
- We treat all income claims we find online with skepticism.
- We don’t report incomes that seem especially controversial or unrealistic.
- We cite our sources and/or share our calculations so you can see where the numbers come from.
- If there are uncertainties about an income claim or estimate, we tell you what those are.
If you see an income claim or estimate that seems off, please tell us so we can fix it.
How did DanTDM get started?
DanTDM shares his story in one of his own videos…
The key insights from that video:
- Dan first started creating videos on YouTube in 2009 under the name PokemanDanlvl45. Here’s one of his first videos…
- Then in 2012, he created a gaming channel under the name TheDiamondMinecart, which he then changed to DanTDM in 2016.
- Before starting his pursuit of YouTube full time, DanTDM worked at the nearby supermarket.
- In 2016, Dan set a Guinness World Record for having the maximum views (7.9 billion) on a dedicated Minecraft channel.
- Forbes listed him as the richest YouTuber of 2017. Here’s his interview where he talks about his success on YouTube…
- Dan says that his success is a result of his love for Minecraft and film making.
What type of online business does DanTDM have?
Dan runs a multifaceted online business.
According to our framework it can be broken down like this:
- Authority (Level 4)
Dan has a big following on YouTube, Twitch and social media.
- Physical Products (Level 4)
Dan sells branded merch online.
Other ways to make money online
There are many other ways to make money online, to work from home or anywhere in the world.