- Founder of Succulents and Sunshine
- $66,000 average monthly revenue
- Published August 6, 2020 by Niall Doherty
How does Cassidy make money online?
Cassidy owns a website called Succulents and Sunshine, which is all about growing and caring for a particular type of house plant.
The site makes money in three primary ways:
- Revenue from display ads
- Affiliate commissions from recommending third-party products
- The sale of original information products (online course and ebooks)
Cassidy also provides coaching and mentoring services for bloggers via her personal website.
The goal of our Online Money Maker profiles is to show you all the different ways people make money online. We strive to ensure that each profile is realistic – no hype, no scams – so you can see what it really takes to build each type of business.
If you'd like to hear when we publish new profiles, subscribe to our free newsletter below. Each edition is packed with tips, insights and opportunities to build your online business. We send it out every Tuesday and Friday to 18,763 legendary subscribers.
How much money does Cassidy make?
Cassidy shared some details in a YouTube video posted in March 2019:
At the 1:20 mark of that video, Cassidy reveals that the site grossed just under $200,000 in revenue in 2018, pretty evenly split between ads, affiliate commissions, and info product sales.
As for coaching and mentoring, Cassidy’s prices range from $200 to $2500, but it’s unclear how much she’s earning from that each month.
Our goal at eBiz Facts is to give you accurate information about online business so you can gain clearer insights, make better decisions, and achieve your own success.
With that in mind, we strive to ensure the accuracy and transparency of the income claims and estimates that you see on this website.
- We treat all income claims we find online with skepticism.
- We don’t report incomes that seem especially controversial or unrealistic.
- We cite our sources and/or share our calculations so you can see where the numbers come from.
- If there are uncertainties about an income claim or estimate, we tell you what those are.
If you see an income claim or estimate that seems off, please tell us so we can fix it.
How did Cassidy get started?
Cassidy went into detail on how she got started in a November 2018 interview.
- She has a BFA in photography and first started a photography blog.
- She grew succulents as a hobby and posted some photos of those on her blog, along with some tips.
- The succulents content started getting lots of traffic, so in 2013 Cassidy decided to spin that off into a dedicated site and Succulents and Sunshine was born.
- Sounds like she learned SEO from free resources as she went along, and found Keywords Everywhere particularly helpful.
What type of online business does Cassidy have?
Cassidy runs a multifaceted online business.
According to our framework it can be broken down like this:
- Freelance (Level 2)
This would be Cassidy’s mentoring and coaching services.
- Authority (Level 4)
Succulents and Sunshine is an authority in its niche and has tens of thousands of email subscribers and social media followers.
- Digital Products (Level 4)
Cassidy sells an online course and ebooks via Succulents and Sunshine.
- Physical Products (Level 5)
Cassidy has at least one physical book for sale on Amazon.
- Social Network (Level 5)
The private Facebook group for Succulents and Sunshine has more than 50k members.
Follow the links above for more info and examples for each type of business.
Other ways to make money online
There are many other ways to make money online, to work from home or anywhere in the world.