- Founder of SuperCalla Technology
- $3.7+ million crowdfunded for one product
- Published August 11, 2020 by Niall Doherty
How does Charles make money online?
Charles is the CEO and Founder of SuperCalla Technology, a company best known for this tangle-free charging cable:
That video was part of a successful crowdfunding campaign for the product from March to May 2020.
The goal of our Online Money Maker profiles is to show you all the different ways people make money online. We strive to ensure that each profile is realistic – no hype, no scams – so you can see what it really takes to build each type of business.
If you'd like to hear when we publish new profiles, subscribe to our free weekly newsletter below. Each edition is packed with tips, insights and opportunities to build your online business. We send it out every Friday to 7,178 legendary subscribers.
How much money does Charles make?
The charging cable product raised almost $3.8 million from campaigns on two crowdfunding platforms:
The original goal for the Kickstarter campaign was set to $10,000. Apparently that was enough to begin the manufacturing process.
It’s unclear how much of the crowdfunded amount Charles will need to spend to deliver the product as promised to the 80,000 people who backed the project.
There are also the other SuperCalla team members to consider:
Our goal at eBiz Facts is to give you accurate information about online business so you can gain clearer insights, make better decisions, and achieve your own success.
With that in mind, we strive to ensure the accuracy and transparency of the income claims and estimates that you see on this website.
- We treat all income claims we find online with skepticism.
- We don’t report incomes that seem especially controversial or unrealistic.
- We cite our sources and/or share our calculations so you can see where the numbers come from.
- If there are uncertainties about an income claim or estimate, we tell you what those are.
If you see an income claim or estimate that seems off, please tell us so we can fix it.
How did Charles get started?
Charles shared some of his story in a Kickstarter post in March 2020.
- In 2010 he “gave up on real-estate” and moved with his wife from Las Vegas to a small town in Washington State.
- Soon after, Charles decided to create a product for shoes: “I figured everyone wears them; why not create something useful for them?”
Best I can tell, Charles had never designed or created a product before.
His LinkedIn doesn’t list any college education but does note that “the school of Youtube… made me millions.”
Despite his lack of experience, Charles went on to launch six crowdfunded products before SuperCalla:
Apparently the SuperCalla team spent a year researching, testing and prototyping their charging cable.
What type of online business does Charles have?
Other ways to make money online
There are many other ways to make money online, to work from home or anywhere in the world.