- Freelance Writer and Content Strategist
- $67k – $91k estimated annual income
- Published July 20, 2020 by Niall Doherty
How does Carrie make money online?
Carrie describes herself as a freelance writer and content strategist. So clients hire her to help with writing and content strategy.
In my first twelve months of freelancing, I earned 40 percent more than my salary at my previous 9-to-5 role.
As per Carrie’s LinkedIn:
Media Bistro explanation:
The goal of our Online Money Maker profiles is to show you all the different ways people make money online. We strive to ensure that each profile is realistic – no hype, no scams – so you can see what it really takes to build each type of business.
If you'd like to hear when we publish new profiles, subscribe to our free weekly newsletter below. Each edition is packed with tips, insights and opportunities to build your online business. We send it out every Friday to 9,981 legendary subscribers.
How much money does Carrie make?
In April 2019, about a year after quitting her job to go freelance, Carrie wrote on her blog:
According to Carrie’s Linkedin, her previous 9-to-5 role was as a Marketing Communications Manager for Spiceworks in Austin, Texas.
Some salary estimates for that role:
- $91k – $99k, according to one report in 2015 (Glassdoor)
- $48k – $65k, according to “fewer than 20 profiles” (Paysa)
- $58k average base pay for a Marketing Communications Manager in Austin, Texas (Glassdoor)
Let’s be conservative and go with the Paysa estimate.
40% more than that would put Carrie’s first-year freelance earnings at $67,000 – $91,000.
Worth noting however that Carrie had some pretty good perks at her old job:
Our goal at eBiz Facts is to give you accurate information about online business so you can gain clearer insights, make better decisions, and achieve your own success.
With that in mind, we strive to ensure the accuracy and transparency of the income claims and estimates that you see on this website.
- We treat all income claims we find online with skepticism.
- We don’t report incomes that seem especially controversial or unrealistic.
- We cite our sources and/or share our calculations so you can see where the numbers come from.
- If there are uncertainties about an income claim or estimate, we tell you what those are.
If you see an income claim or estimate that seems off, please tell us so we can fix it.
What’s Carrie’s background?
As per her LinkedIn she has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and had more than a decade of experience working as a writer and marketer – including lots of freelance side gigs – before quitting her last job to freelance full-time.
So she was able to build a successful online freelance business with essentially the same skills she used in her old 9-to-5 job.
How does Carrie find clients?
What type of online business does Carrie have?
Other ways to make money online
There are many other ways to make money online, to work from home or anywhere in the world.